10 Beauty Tips for Oily Skin
Oily skin is the result of excessive secretion of skin oil which is called sebum. Oily skin is mostly associated with teenage years or puberty. Some people possess clear and flawless complexion for their entire lives. If you want to look beautiful, oily skin needs proper care.
Here are 10 beauty tips for oily skin:
1. Use Moisturizers Regularly:
Not using moisturizers on your oily skin can only make things worse. Using too much of it is also detrimental. This is why you have to experiment a bit to determine the optimum need of moisturizer. You can use some organic DIY moisturizers too.
2. Apply Lemon & Honey Paste To A Glowing Healthy Skin:
A mixture of lemon and honey helps you get an oil-free skin and provide your skin with a natural glow. It also renders a long-term brightening effect on your skin.
● At first, mix 1 tbsp of honey with 2 tsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice and using a cotton ball dab onto the face and neck.
● Massage for 3 to 4 minutes.
● Wash off with lukewarm water.
3. Sandalwood & Rosewater For Softening Effect:
Sandalwood and rosewater provide you with softer, smoother skin that stands out in scorching summer or rough winter.
▪ First of all, add few drops of cold rose water to a tsp of sandalwood powder and then mix it well.
▪ Apply this paste all over the face and neck.
▪ Wash off after 10 minutes.
4. Oatmeal As An Exfoliator:
Oatmeal helps to absorb excess oil Secreted by Sebum Cells on your skin pores. It also helps exfoliate dead skin.
▪ Combine 1/2 cup ground oats with hot water.
▪ Stir in 1 tablespoon honey.
▪ Massage this paste into your face for about three minutes.
▪ Rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
5. Apply Apple Cider Vinegar & Cucumber Mix For A Bright Skin Tone:
Apple cider vinegar works as an exceptional skin firming and oil controlling toner.
▪ Mix 3 tbsp of cucumber juice to 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
▪ Then soak a cotton in this solution and wipe your face.
▪ Let it sit for 2 to 3 minutes and then wash off with cool water.
6. Almonds For Reducing Impurities:
Almonds are not only yummy for palette, but healthy for your skin too. Ground almonds help to sop up excess oils and impurities.
▪ Finely-grind raw almonds to make 3 teaspoons.
▪ Then add 2 tablespoons of raw honey.
▪ Apply to your face gently.
▪ Finally, Rinse with warm water, and pat dry.
7. Tomatoes With Healthy Salicylic Acid:
Tomatoes are known for a common acne home remedy. The acids (salicylic acid) in tomatoes may help to absorb excess skin oils.
▪ Combine 1 teaspoon sugar with the pulp of 1 tomato.
▪ Apply to the skin in a circular motion.
▪ Leave the paste for 5 minutes.
▪ Last, of all, rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water and pat dry.
8. Strawberry & Yogurt As Anti-Oxidants:
Oily skin inclined to look dull and sticky.
So, restore glow with a natural fairness facial mask which is made of strawberry and yogurt.
▪ Mash 2 ripe strawberries.
▪ Mix 2 Tsp of Fresh Yogurt and 1 Tbsp of Multani Mitti into a smooth paste.
▪ Add them and spread a thick layer all over your face and neck.
▪ After 15 minutes wash off with cool water.
9. Green Tea For A Purified Skin:
Green tea is known for its anti-oxidant property and as a skin purifier.
▪ Take a teaspoon of green tea.
▪ Then brew it a little strong.
▪ Cool it down and store in a spray bottle.
▪ Use twice daily.
10. Veggies Are Important:
It is important to involve veg foods which are rich in proteins too. Having a healthy diet regime is the most necessary, yet overlooked in case of oily skin.
▪ Green leafy vegetables and fruits should be added to the daily diet. They provide you with essential Omega Three.
▪ Take fresh salads and boiled vegetables which are good for the health of the skin.
▪ Take foods such as kernels, beans, and nuts which are rich sources of Vitamin B2.
▪ By avoiding the intake of sugar and fat would help in preventing the production of excess oil.
▪ Avoiding foods such as chocolates is a good way to keep the skin healthy and oil free.
▪ Avoid fatty foods and deep-fried foods such as French fries, deep fried nuggets, and snacks.