Homemade Facial Scrub-Simple Homemade Recipes That You Can Use Today
What is Homemade Facial Scrub?
Homemade Facial Scrub is a DIY method of using readily available products in your home to exfoliate your face. It is the usage of homemade products like baking powder, almond oil, and salt to remove dry and dead layers of cells on the skin.
The different homemade face scrub
I love trying out different homemade facial scrub methods when I first started. I think it was because I wasn’t sure what my skin type was. Today, I know I have an oily skin and I know what works for me.
There are different homemade face scrubs but I would be looking at 3 methods that you can use right now.
Here are different homemade facial scrubs that you can try out today:
1.Basic Baking Soda Scrub
- Can be used daily
- Take 2 to 3 tablespoon of baking soda
- Mix into a paste with a small amount of water
- Apply to your face in a circular motion. Do this gently
- Rinse off after 10 minutes
2.Basic Cornmeal Scrub
- Works best on a 2-3 days interval
- It is more potent than the baking soda scrub.
- Take 2 to 3 tablespoon of Cornmeal
- Mix it into a paste with a small amount of water
- Apply to the face and gently scrub. Avoid the delicate eye region
- Rinse off after 2-5minutes.
3.Rose Almond Face Scrub
- Used to soften and brighten the skin
- Take 1 Teaspoon of rosewater
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of almond flour/ground almonds
- Mix into a paste and apply gently on the face.
These three different homemade facial scrubs would get your face glowing in no time. I believe that exfoliating your face should not cost a fortune and this is why I recommend these homemade methods.
Using Homemade Face Scrub for Acne
Homemade Facial scrub for acne can be achieved with the help of orange juice and baking soda.
These are two items that can be readily found in your kitchen.
Acne affects the pores on your skin especially when excessively oil is produced on the skin.
This homemade remedy prevents excessively secretion of sebum which is responsive for acne and oily skin.
It is advisable that you scrub gently when using this solution to avoid aggravation.
Homemade Facial Scrub for Acne
I would share the ingredients used in the Orange juice and baking soda recipe for exfoliating your skin when you have acne.
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of orange juice
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl
- The baking powder would start to fizzle when you add orange juice to it. Wait for the fizzling before mixing
- Spread a thin layer of the mixture on your clean face
- Wait for 10 minutes, and then rinse the dry mask with warm water
- After rinsing, splash cold water on your face to close your pores
- Apply a drop of olive oil to moisturize the skin.
Benefits of the Orange Juice and Baking Soda Recipe
- Baking soda helps cleanse the pores and remove off dead cells
- Orange juice has antibacterial properties that fight off acne
- The inclusion of baking soda helps remove grime and dirt within the pores of the skin’s surface as well as to minimize oiliness.
- Orange juice helps to lighten up the skin tone
Using Homemade Face Scrub for Oily Skin
With the help of brown sugar, olive oil, and honey, you would be able to exfoliate your skin easily and give yourself that youthful look you’ve always wanted.
The mixture of these ingredients helps to absorb excess sebum on the skin and moisturizes oily skin.
Sebum is made from sebaceous glands.
It helps protect your skin when it is in the right quantity. If you have too little sebum, you could end up with a dry skin.
Too much sebum is the cause of excessively oily skin. It blocks the pores of the skin and bacteria feeds on it which in turn contributes to the production of acne on the face.
Homemade Face Scrub for Oily Skin
I would like to share the brown sugar recipe for those who have oily skins. This recipe is very effective at exfoliating and refreshing your skin cells to give you that youthful look that you have always desired.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- one teaspoon of honey
- one teaspoon of olive oil
- Add the three ingredients into a bowl and stir well with a spoon
- Use clean fingertips to rub the mixture onto your face from your chip up in a circular motion
- After 2 minutes, rinse with warm water until the whole mixture is off your face
- Splash cold water on your skin to close the pores
- Pat your skin with a towel and enjoy the new feel of your skin.
Benefits of the Brown Sugar Recipe
- Olive oil helps to unclog the skin pores and it substitutes the bad oil from within the pores.
- Honey removes excess sebum from the skin and it also kills germs.
- Honey prevents acne flare-ups
- Brown sugar moisturizes the skin as well as removes excess oil
Things to Note
- If you can’t find brown sugar in your kitchen, white sugar can do the trick. Brown sugar is preferred if you have very sensitive skin.
- Also, make sure the mixture is not chunky. If it is, add more olive oil and a little honey to it. If it’s too chunky, it may scratch your face.
Homemade Face Scrub for Blackheads
Blackheads are small bumps that appear on the skin due to clogged hair follicles on the skin. They usually look dark on the surface. They are a mild form of acne that is usually seen on the face.
Thanks to our recipe, you don’t need to use harsh pore strips which could cause more damage to your pores. With our recipes, your blackhead would be gone in no time
Here is our homemade face scrub recipe for blackheads
Lemon and Salt Cleansing Recipes
This recipe involves using lemon and salt as cleansing tools leaving the skin fresh and grime-free. Lemon would remove all the dirt and grime that are on the surface of the skin. It would prevent blackheads from growing, as well as whiteheads.
Salt uses its antibacterial properties to kill off germs that clog the skin pores.
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon
- 1 teaspoon water
- Add all the ingredients into a small bowl.
- Mix them and apply on your face.
- Massage in a circular motion and scrub gently.
- Scrub for at least 2-5 minutes, and then rinse with warm water
- Splash some cold water on your face to close up the pores. Pat with a soft clean towel.
Your face would look rejuvenated, refreshed and cleansed of all the grime, dry cells and peeling skin
Benefits of the Lemon and Salt Cleansing Recipes
- Lemon contains antibacterial properties that fight off germs on the skin.
- Salt is also used for exfoliating and removal of dead cells on the skin
- Lemon helps to prevent the formation of blackheads by regulating oil production on the skin.
- The use of salt in this recipe leaves the skin smooth and removes peeling skin.